I am so happy to present to you Reno Tahoe. Welcome to this gem of the West! Not many au pairs know about this area, but they quickly fall in love with it once they arrive. As the LCC, my goal is to help you have a safe, fun, and amazing time in Northern Nevada if you choose to join us here. This is why you’ll love it too.
1. Lake Tahoe – Absolutely beautiful. It’s a large freshwater lake, and it straddles the border between California and Nevada. Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America. Its depth is 1,645 ft (501 m).
2. Reno is just a 3 1/2 hour drive from San Francisco where you’ll find professional sports, art and science museums, great restaurants, the coast and beautiful, unique architecture.
3.Reno MidTown is coming alive. Look here for funky thrift stores, local, healthy and hip restaurants, piercing shops, antique markets and record stores.
4. Skiing – too many places to count. There is Heavenly, Northstar, Squaw, Diamond Peak, Mount Rose and more. Many families in the area ski each weekend and you can join them too.
5. Beautiful mountains for hiking and camping. Looking for a challenge? Hike to the top of Mt. Rose, a climb of about 5 miles to the 10,788 summit.
6.Cheap and short flights to Las Vegas. $70 one way will get you to world class shows and the Las Vegas Strip.
7. Comedy, musicals, and rock stars regularly coming to the casinos in both Reno and Tahoe.
8. Boating, stand up paddle boarding, and swimming in Tahoe or any of the other many lakes in the area.
9. Reno is just over the state line from California and an hour flight to Los Angeles and San Diego. It’s also close to Yosemite, one of the world’s most famous National Parks for climbing, camping, hiking, and viewing wildlife.
10. And Burning Man in Black Rock City. Known around the world for this crazy, weeklong festival out in the desert. Thousands of people, like 70,000 come each year and you can be one of them. If you’re not able to go, swing by Whole Foods and view the “Burners” buying their groceries for the week.
Saturday, 5 January 2019 9:00 AM